The Mance Buchanon Library Learning Commons
The mission of the Learning Commons is to provide a welcoming place for students and staff to engage, collaborate, and develop a love of reading, viewing and using information and ideas.
2022 Textobook Return Information
The end is almost here! Bring on summer!
Here are a few things to know about the end of the school year:
LAST DAY to check out library books: MAY 20
All library books should be returned by MAY 27.
Textbooks will be returned May 31-June 2
- May 31: 6th gr
- June 1: 7th gr
- June 2: 8th gr
Chromebooks will NOT be returned unless you are leaving the school district.
Welcome to the Library!
There are over 2000 brand new books to check out this year. It's a great year to read something new! Library books can be checked out for 3 weeks. If you need longer than 3 weeks to read your books, just stop in to renew them. (Note: Books that are on hold and Manga cannot be renewed.) Can't stop in but want something to read? Check out the MackinVia app on your Rapid Identity portal! On MackinVia you can find eBooks and audiobooks. You can also find links to research databases that can be used as reliable resources. Check it out!
Instructions and Info
Does your chromebook need to be fixed?If you have purchased insurance for the device, please log in and file a claim on the School Device Coverage website.
Library Media Tech: Jennifer Rivette
Phone: (760) 901-8808
You can search the library catalog any time! Just click on the Destiny tile in your Rapid Identity portal.
Ebooks and Audio books are available all year on the Mackin Via app on your Rapid Identity portal.
Here's a wish list of things the library would love to have:
- Guess Who?
- Disney Apples to Apples
- Spy School at Sea by Stuart Gibbs
- How To Find What You're Not Looking For by Veera Hiranandani
- Willodeen by Katherine Applegate
- Friends Forever by Shannon Hale
- Out of My Heart by Sharon Draper
- Ali Cross: Like Father, Like Son by James Patterson
- The Last Kids on Earth and the Doomsday Race by Max Brallier
- Paradise on Fire by Jewell Parker Rhodes
- The Shattered Castle by Jennifer Nielsen
- Pax: Journey Home by Sara Pennypacker
- Set Me Free by Ann Clare LeZotte
- My Life As a Billionaire by Janet Tashjian