Skip to main content

Registration Information

new students

Welcome to the Oceanside Unified School District!

Registration instructions for new students

¡Bienvenidos al Distrito Escolar Unificado de Oceanside! Para matricular a NUEVOS estudiantes, completen la Inscripción por internet - Escojan "Español" al inicio. Video con instrucciones paso por paso en español

  • TK and Kindergarten registration windows open Wed., Jan. 15. They do not currently have a closing date. 
  • The Intradistrict Transfer (formerly school of choice) application window runs from Jan. 15-March 31
  • Intradistrict and TK paperwork can all be completed at Educational Support Services. 
  • Kindergarten registration is essentially "pre-registration". Parents/guardians do not need to present the documents needed for registration to school sites until later in the Spring/Summer. 

For Returning Students

Frequently Asked Questions about Enrollment

What documents are required to enroll in school?
Enrollment confirmation (from Aeries Online Enrollment), birth certificate, immunization record, current address verification (utility bill, mortgage or rental agreement). These documents do not need to be presented until later in the Spring/Summer. More information

How do I know what school my child should attend?
Aeries Online Enrollment will determine the School of Residence automatically according to the address you provide online. You can also check the School Boundaries page.

What if I prefer a different school?
Fill out the form at Educational Support Services to request an Intradistrict Transfer (within OUSD) or an Interdistrict Attendance Permit. If you have any questions, please contact Student Services at 760‐966‐7849.

Can I enroll in a school other than my assigned school?
No. The Aeries Online Enrollment system only allows enrollment in your School of Residence. If you have an approved Intradistrict Transfer or Interdistrict permit, please complete the online registration using your residential address, then take your approval form to the Intradistrict Transfer site. The office staff at the school will retrieve your student's information for enrollment.