About Measure W
On November 3, 2020, Oceanside voters approved a bond measure authorizing the Oceanside Unified School District to issue up to $160 million in general obligation bonds for school facility and grounds improvements, enabling the district to repair and upgrade school facilities to provide high quality facilities for all Oceanside students.
Oceanside Unified School District (OUSD) believes all students deserve to learn in quality classrooms and school facilities. We have two key priorities: first, to ensure academic success for every student attending one of our schools; and second, to make sure that our school facilities and school grounds are safe, secure, modern, and equipped for today’s teaching and learning demands. As part of our commitment to providing a quality education in neighborhood K-12 schools, one of our key priorities is the ongoing assessment of OUSD school facilities and technology needs at our 23 school sites. Many of our schools are aging. We have significant facilities needs at every school site. Unfortunately, the level of school funding provided by the State of California is one of the lowest in the nation. We need local funding to fill in the gap in order to provide facilities that will help keep our kids safe and give them a quality learning environment to be prepared for college and careers of the future.
Measure W Summary
• Modernize science, technology, engineering, and math instructional spaces
• Renovate classrooms and labs for hands-on 21st-century learning
• Improve computers and technology – for both classrooms and safe online/distance learning
• Repair or replace deteriorating roofs, plumbing, electrical, heating, and cooling systems
• Upgrade student-support facilities and instructional equipment
• Complete safety upgrades to meet current earthquake, fire, health, and safety standards
• Independent Citizens' Oversight and mandatory financial audits ensure funds are spent properly.
• ALL Measure W funds STAY LOCAL for Oceanside public schools ONLY.
• By law, the State CANNOT take Measure W funding away.
• Measure W is for classroom and school facilities repairs, improvement, and equipment upgrades ONLY.