Surfside Academy's child development courses serve students who intend to pursue careers such as education. These courses also serve teen parents who will advance their skills and knowledge relative to parenting. Our unique school offers the added benefit of offering child development students the opportunity to observe teaching and learning in our own elementary classes.
Information regarding enrolling your student in our Child Development Program and requirements will be posted soon.
Keeping with our vision of molding our programs to the needs of our students, Surfside offers an on-site Child Care program for our teen parents.
Our program covers:
- Infants: 1- 5 months old
- Mobil Infants: 6-11 months old
- Toddler 1's: 1-2 years old
- Toddler 2's: 3-4 years old
Requirements for enrollment:
- Student must be attending Surfside Educational Academy
- Student's not attending Surfside are reviewed on a case-by case basis
- Completion of the Child Development Center packet.
- Signed Stamped Physical from physician
- Birth Certificate
- Current Immunization Record
Additionally, if teen parent is under the age of 18 years old, we must receive a signed consent form from the student's parent/guardian in order to participate in the program.
Once the Cal-Safe signature page is signed & we receive it you are consenting to receive referral services such as Public Health Nurses, Lactation consultation and many more services.
For more information on our Child Development Program please contact Norene Yasukochi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.901.8632.