Educational Services provides leadership in the areas of curriculum development, instructional service, special education, student services, assessing student achievement, and adult education.
These duties include:
Educational Services works collaboratively with teachers, support staff, school and district administrators and the community to promote student learning in support of district goals. We are committed to increasing the learning capacity of parents, teachers and staff, and school leaders by providing coaching and professional development opportunities.
- Coordinating curriculum and staff development
- Implementing, evaluating, revising and reporting the status of instructional programs (including textbooks and instructional materials)
- Serving as a liaison to local, state, and federal agencies
Our Core ValuesWe believe:
- Purposeful instruction supports all students in accessing grade-level content
- Engagement with rigorous challenges encourages productive struggle and critical thinking
- Collaboration (life skill) offers support, fresh ideas and coherence
- Feedback in an environment of trust improves teaching and learning
- Learning is accelerated when it is meaningful
Mercedes Lovie, Ed.D.
Associate Superintendent, Educational Support Services
Executive Assistant to the Associate Superintendent