What Is The TWBI Program?
The Two-Way Bilingual Immersion Program (TWBI) will be in its third year for the 2021-2022 school year at César Chávez Middle School. Students will be able to take courses in Spanish as they work towards a Seal of Biliteracy.
Congratulations to our 8th grade TWBI Scholars for being awarded the Middle School Biliteracy Recognition Honor.
Luis Casillas - Teacher for 6th-8th Spanish & 6th Dual Immersion
Julio Zuniga - Teacher for 6th-8th Spanish & 7th Dual Immersion
Paulina Tamayo - School Counselor
Jenny Morgan - Principal
Benefits of TWBI for Students
- Enhanced knowledge of how language works
- Improved performance on tasks that call for divergent thinking, pattern recognition, and problem solving
- Additional knowledge and understanding of one's native language
- Greater understanding, appreciation, and respect for other languages and cultures
- Ability to take advantage of opportunities that are available only in other languages
- Enhanced employment opportunities once school is completed
- Ability to communicate with other ethnic and cultural groups
Goals of TWBI:
Bilingualism and Biliteracy
Academic excellence in both languages
Positive cross cultural attitudes
Greater self esteem
College and career readiness
Promote a sense of community