- To develop strong reading habits and skills for students ensuring long term academic success.
- To provide books that are engaging and of interest to children.
- To provide resources to enrich teacher’s curriculum and the learning experience.
- Allowing students to meet the challenges of a 21st Century society.
TUMBLEBOOKS AT HOME DIRECTIONS
To access the Oceanside Public Library link to Tumblebooks
The site has been updated. Some things are the same. Many are different.
- Click on the tumblebooks link
- On the right hand side, there is a “magnifying glass” next to the word “TumbleSearch”. Click on the plus sign.
- Scroll down to the blue box at the bottom of the page that is “Search by AR level”
- Click on the down arrow and choose your reading level.
- Click on Go
- It is now the same as before. Be sure to click on the blue word “info” to get the AR quiz number and exact reading level.
- There are several new searches available in the other boxes… by author, by subject, by “TumbleTime” (this lets you know how long it will take to read the book)
Hope this helps.
Palmquist Library UpdateOfficial library hours for students: 8:30 to 1:00Accelerated Reader program:Parents can look up books to see if books are in the program.To check on your child's AR progress,Best Foot Forward list.:This year’s Reading Rewards:10 points pencil20 points treasure chest30 points book40 points ice cream50 points AR shirt75 points pizza party100 points movie and popcorn with the principal150 points first star for your lanyardBFF books are each worth half of a point (.5)
Charlene West, Library Media Tech