SELF CARE APPS HERE
KEEP UP WITH COUNSELING AND WELLNESS UPDATES HERE:
- CRISIS RESOURCES LOCATED IN THE MENU TO THE RIGHT
- Relaxation Station located in the Menu to the left.
Counselors are assigned to students by the student's last name:
Student Last Name CounselorA-GomNellie FinnGon-PgAlondra FigueroaPh-ZDebbie Sandoval
Counselors focus on three domains of the student:
academic achievement, personal/social development, and career exploration.
School Guidance Curriculum
- Academic skills support
- Organizational, study and test-taking skills
- Education in understanding self and others
- Coping strategies
- Peer relationships and effective social skills
- Communication, problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution
- Career awareness, exploration and planning
- Substance abuse education
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
Individual Student Planning
- Goal-setting/decision- making
- Academic planning
- Career planning
- Education in understanding of self, including strengths and weaknesses
- Transition planning
- Individual and small group counseling
- Individual/family/school crisis intervention
- Peer facilitation
- Professional development
- Consultation, collaboration and teaming
- Program management and operation
These services are delivered through:
- Classroom Guidance is a series of classroom lessons conducted by counselor (s) at various grade levels to promote academic, personal/social and career development of all students.
- Small Group Counseling allows students to share mutual concerns with their peers. Emphasis is upon problem solving and the development of positive attitudes and effective personal skills.
- Individual Counseling helps students learn more efficiently and effectively, with an emphasis on identifying concerns early before they become overwhelming.
CRISIS PHONE NUMBERS
SD Access and Crisis Hotline:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
Crisis Text Line:
Text "HOME" to 741741
Other Resources Offered Off Campus
Care Solace is a online resource that connects families to local mental health programs and counseling services You can reach them at: 888-515-0595