SELF CARE APPS HERE
View these videos on demand anytime, at the start of your day, when you need a brain & stretch break or when you need to wind down in the evening.
Breathe on King Lions!
Easy Guide to Box Breathing
Lion Breathing with Nurse Danielle
Breathe and Relax with Mr. Trevor
Stand and Stretch with Mr. Trevor
KEEP UP WITH COUNSELING AND WELLNESS UPDATES HERE:
- CRISIS RESOURCES LOCATED IN THE MENU TO THE RIGHT
- Relaxation Station located in the Menu to the left.
Counselors are assigned to students by the student's last name:
Student Last Name CounselorA-GomNellie FinnGon-PgAlondra FigueroaPh-ZDebbie Sandoval
Counselors focus on three domains of the student:
academic achievement, personal/social development, and career exploration.
Complete Wellness Services List
School Guidance Curriculum
- Academic skills support
- Organizational, study and test-taking skills
- Education in understanding self and others
- Coping strategies
- Peer relationships and effective social skills
- Communication, problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution
- Career awareness, exploration and planning
- Substance abuse education
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
Individual Student Planning
- Goal-setting/decision- making
- Academic planning
- Career planning
- Education in understanding of self, including strengths and weaknesses
- Transition planning
- Individual and small group counseling
- Individual/family/school crisis intervention
- Peer facilitation
- Professional development
- Consultation, collaboration and teaming
- Program management and operation
These services are delivered through:
- Classroom Guidance is a series of classroom lessons conducted by counselor (s) at various grade levels to promote academic, personal/social and career development of all students.
- Small Group Counseling allows students to share mutual concerns with their peers. Emphasis is upon problem solving and the development of positive attitudes and effective personal skills.
- Individual Counseling helps students learn more efficiently and effectively, with an emphasis on identifying concerns early before they become overwhelming.
CRISIS PHONE NUMBERS
SD Access and Crisis Hotline:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
Crisis Text Line:
Text "HOME" to 741741
Other Resources Offered Off Campus
TrueLife Recovery: North Coastal Teen Recovery Center
Sign up for Therapy via Care Solace HERE
Care Solace is a online resource that connects families to local mental health programs and counseling services