Why Write a Thank You note?
- In today’s world, it is unusual for someone to expect a handwritten note from a high school student
- Keep your mentor or person who did something for you in your circle for future support.
- Show them that you are willing to take time of your own day to simply thank someone important.
How Should I Organize My Thoughts?
Remember to keep it simple. Don’t over think this moment to simply show someone how much you appreciate their efforts to support you. Think that five sentences will be just enough to express your positive thoughts.
- Introduction (1 Sentence), “Thank you for spending your time teaching me about ___________.”
- Body (Up to 3 Sentences), “I was able to learn about ___________ and was thankful that my perspective was challenged with __________. I look forward to keep learning in my next step of my life about __________.”
- Concluded (1 Sentence), “Again, thank you for mentoring/meeting with me and I look forward to keeping in touch.”
- Signature: Signature, professional or academic social media/email