Fresh Start: Acceleration/Credit Recovery
Contact: Your Counselors
To increase the opportunity for students to succeed at OHS the Fresh Start Program is an opportunity that helps students succeed. Students who may be credit deficient have the opportunity to regain lost credits within the traditional school day. Students who wish to advance their credit gain have the opportunity to stay within their traditional setting and move faster than currently provided. Students who transfer in mid-semester or from a different master schedule (4x4 for example) are able to use the time left in the semester to continue their credit gains.
Offer during the traditional school day: Oceanside Independent Study Classes
- Classes are shown on schedule as OHS Fresh Start Program
- Attendance taken, but no grades
- Grades for courses completed in Fresh Start classes are entered by Guidance Techs as they are with Credit Recovery
- Course numbers, one per teacher, to allow scheduling with an appropriate instructor (see below)
- Students will take the pretest regardless if the student is taking the course for advancement or for credit recovery.
- Student pretest and course completion data are used to determine the success of the program- offering OHS students more options for advancement and credit recovery (OHS @ 85% graduation rate- 2020).
Next step: Share with your OHS Counselor your plans!